Around 1:49pm, the Cyfair Fire Department responded a report of a fire in the North Cypress Medical Center located in the 21000 block of Northwest Freeway. When they arrived, the fire had already been extinguished by the medical center's staff and the patient was moved to the emergency room for treatment.
"Our investigation found that the patient was using a cigarette lighter while oxygen was being administered which caused a flash fire catching the blankets and matress of the bed on fire," said Lieutenant C. Shaw with the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office. "The fire was contained to the single room due to the quick response from hospital staff."
The patient is being treated and the condition is unknown at this time.