1. Exclusive video of HPD beating of teen burglar
Months after four Houston police officers were indicted following the violent videotaped arrest of a teenage suspect, we alone have the tape. 13 Undercover's Wayne Dolcefino obtained it exclusively. The reaction was overwhelming -- not just over what's on the tape, but over how the mayor is reacting to it.
2. Contract worker still missing after explosion at Enterprise Products refining facility in Mont Belvieu
A fire erupted at a petroleum plant east of Houston, sending balls of orange flame and thick black smoke into the sky. One contract worker remains unaccounted for.
3. ERCOT hopes to avoid rolling outages
The rolling blackouts are over -- for now -- as the Electric Reliability Council of Texas says there is now enough power supply to meet demand in the state. But for at least seven hours Wednesday that wasn't the case. To keep the entire system from failing, hundreds of thousands of people were put in the dark at a time. In many cases, again and again. ERCOT says there was no other choice.
4. Girl, age 12, sent home from school because of red highlights in her hair
One Channelview sixth grader got some unwanted time off from school, and an extra trip to the hair salon.
5. Winter weather could bring icy road conditions
As temperatures drop, officials are keeping a close eye on area roads and freeways for possible icing conditions.
6. Man accused of raping 14-year-old girl at home where he had installed cable
A family's worst fears came true after letting a man inside their home to install cable. Now that same man is charged in a horrifying attack on their 14-year-old daughter.
7. Business closings/cancellations due to weather
Some Houston area businesses are modifying schedules due to winter weather conditions.
8. Woman in custody after man's body found in northwest Houston apartment
A man's body was found inside an apartment in northwest Houston. He had apparently been dead for days.
9. Beached pygmy sperm whale found on Galveston beach to be euthanized
A 12-foot pygmy sperm whale found beached in Galveston is going to have to be euthanized, experts say.
10. Dump truck falls into giant cave-in on street in southwest Houston
It was a sticky situation to say the least for a city work crew trying to fix a pot hole when their truck was actually swallowed.