Around 7:30am Friday, people on gurneys being loaded into ambulances could be seen outside the HP building. The call came in to Cy Creek EMS as a food poisoning call. An HP worker told Eyewitness News people became sick on the third shift, in the building where the campus cafeteria is housed.
The employees began to feel ill around 4am. Obey says the food in question was apparently brought from someone's home, but the circumstances are still under investigation.
The Harris County Health Department began investigating after one of the hospitals called them to report the possible food-poisoning case, as required by state law.
HP has not returned any of our calls or emails for comment.