Stuntman, Empire State Building near settlement

NEW YORK Court records show the building owners' civil case against stuntman Jeb Corliss was closed last week, and his lawyer says a confidential deal has been reached. Lawyers for the building said Tuesday the agreement hasn't been finalized yet, but they anticipate filing final paperwork next week.

Corliss' lawyer says Corliss is pleased with the expected resolution. The building's lawyers declined to comment further Tuesday.

Corliss was convicted of a misdemeanor reckless endangerment charge for the incident. He was sentenced to three years' probation and 100 hours of community service.

He used to host a Discovery Channel program called "Stunt Junkies."

Copyright © 2020 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.