Two dead, reportedly from poisonous fumes

December 24, 2010 6:08:19 AM PST
A Brownsville couple is dead and their son and grandson are hospitalized after what police suspect was their poisoning from carbon monoxide fumes in the couple's house. Brownsville police Lt. Orlando Rodriguez says Adan and Rosario Salinas, both 69, were found dead in their bedroom about 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Their 36-year-old son, Simon Salinas, and his 13-year-old son, both of College Station, were taken to Valley Baptist Medical Center in Brownsville. Simon Salinas was listed in critical condition, while his son was in serious but stable condition.

Rodriguez says police were sent to the house by relative who became concerned when they couldn't reach the Salinases.