Firefighters arrived just after 11pm to find flames swallowing one of the buildings that has six units. One crew fought the main blaze, while other teams hosed down adjacent buildings to prevent the fire from spreading.
Firefighters went in on every floor and while they found heavy damage, particularly on the second floor of this building, they say everyone got out safely. Residents believe lightning may have sparked it.
"They said it looked like the lightning got really close," said resident Judy Kerley. "Maybe it got struck by lightning."
Investigators say it's too early to know whether or not lightning caused the blaze. Arson investigators are looking into the exact cause.