Schnautzie is one life-saving cat

GREAT FALLS, MT Schnautzie's owner was awakened by the feline during a gas leak in her home. Trudy Guy says Schnautzie was her on chest and tapping her nose.

Guy heard a roaring sound and found a gas pipe outside the bathroom had broken above the shut-off valve. She says firefighters told her the house could have blown up.

Over the weekend, Schnautzie received the Purple Paw award from the Great Falls, Mont., Animal Foundation.

Copyright © 2020 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.