Listed below are the "hot spot" locations:
- SH 6/US 290 overpass in Waller County
- North end of IH 45 in Harris County, continuing into Montgomery County
- SH 105 West, FM 1093, Woodlands Parkway connector at IH 45, US 59 North in Montgomery County
- Far west end of US 290 in Harris County
- IH 610 East overpass at IH 10 East in Harris County
TxDOT will continue to monitor the potential for severe winter weather. TxDOT is also preparing sanding trucks to be on stand-by should they be needed on Friday and Saturday.
"Our maintenance crews are in increased readiness mode. We're preparing our equipment as well as supplies to assure that we have our ability to apply preventative freezing," said Raquel Lewis with TxDOT.
Magnesium chloride increases the freezing point of precipitation. TxDOT has sand and gravel ready if needed. The City of Houston will also have trucks filled with rock and sand on standby.
Stay up to date with the latest forecast as a possible white Friday approaches.