Woman shot in leg by her stove

SEKIU, WA Cory Davis tells the Peninsula Daily News that she had just stoked the heating stove in her home Sunday when she heard a loud bang and was struck in her left calf.

She says she initially thought "that was one fast hot coal flying at me."

In fact, she was hit by part of a 22-gauge shotgun shell that she had accidentally put into the stove with newspapers she used to light it. A box of shells had spilled nearby a few weeks before.

Davis says she removed the metal fragment herself Sunday and sought treatment for the shallow wound the next day.

              Bizarre Channel | Check your horoscope | What's on TV
                    Local events | Contests | Headlines at a glance
Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.