Power customers could be due refund

HOUSTON The Public Utility Commission of Texas wants to know if you still have not received a refund.

The companies that went out of business can no longer sell electricity in Texas, but more importantly they are required to give deposits back.

The four companies that went under earlier this year are:

  • Pre-Buy Electric, LLC defaulted on May 16, 2008 with 8,430 customers switched to other providers.
  • National Power Company, Inc. defaulted on May 28, 2008 with 15,163 customers switched to other providers.
  • Sure Electric, LLC d/b/a Riverway Power Company defaulted on June 2, 2008 with 6,202 customers switched to other providers.
  • Hwy 3 MHP, LLC d/b/a eTricity defaulted on June 3, 2008 with 12, 222 customers switched to other providers.

Thursday the PUC revoked the certificates for the companies and urged former customers who are owed money to call the PUC.

If you did not get a deposit back from the companies and did not owe any money to them, you are due a refund. Call the PUC at 1-888-782-8477. Have your last bill and contract that shows your deposit on hand when you call.

These companies did go out of business, so it's not clear how easy it will be to get deposits back, but call if you think you were owed money.

Houston Consumer Blog | Consumer channel | Angels | Green Team | Stretch Your Dollar| Headlines at a glance
Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.