This will allow distributors to sort through the product at the distributors' warehouses, and then return any product that is not affected by the recall. Those products affected by the recall should be held by the distributor for eventual return to Boston Beer Company.
TABC is waiving certain provisions of the Alcoholic Beverage Code related to consignment sales in response to this consumer safety issue. At a minimum, distributors should issue credit to the retailer, or exchange the product for the same Samuel Adams product not affected by the recall.
The following products are not being recalled:
- Samuel Adams draft beer
- 24oz bottles of Samuel Adams
- Samuel Adams Utopias
- Samuel Adams Triple Bock
- Twisted Tea
- Bottles with embossed code N08 followed by the letters "OI"
- Bottles with embossed code N17 followed by the letters "OI"
- Bottles with embossed code N26 followed by the letters "OI"
- Bottles with embossed code N31 followed by the letters "OI"
Consumers who have purchased beer or ale in the defective bottles are advised not to drink it and dispose of the product. The Company will issue a full refund on potentially affected product.
For additional information, consumers are encouraged to contact The Boston Beer Company at 1-888-674-5159 or access the company's recall Web site at http://consumerinfo.samadams.com.