Kitchen fire puts pets in danger

February 4, 2008 5:21:47 AM PST
A kitchen fire at a southwest Houston home put several pets in danger overnight. It happened on S. Braeswood at Albury. Firefighters arrived around 1:30am to find smoke pouring from windows. They put out the fire, but several rooms have smoke and water damage.

The homeowner was asleep when the fire broke out, but alarms woke her up. She managed to grab her dog and escaped, but several birds were trapped inside. No word on their condition.

-Headlines at a glance