The public had a chance to weigh in on the water being shut off at the newly built Calfee Middle School just days before the doors are set to open.
What led to this situation? The school is not within Conroe city limits, so to get the water running, Willis ISD needed to sign a special agreement with the city.
Construction was recently completed, but Conroe officials say they turned off the water valves and locked them because the district didn't complete the agreement.
"We want to get this right. Want to get the proper information out. We have nothing to hide up here," Conroe Mayor Duke Coon said.
Earlier in the week, the district even filed a lawsuit against the city, claiming it had followed all regulations.
During the meeting, city officials showed a presentation that said the root of the problem was a permitting issue. While the water is back on, both sides say more needs to be done to prevent a similar problem from happening in the future.
"Hopefully after today's meeting. It's the past, and we can move forward and get stuff done. So this will never happen again, and we can just move forward," City Administrator Gary Scott said.
"Things that were said didn't happen. That's what I know to be a fact. I think y'all need to find out as well of all what was promised to our district in those meetings. I appreciate you. I appreciate how you talked to my superintendent this week. I agree with you. We got to work together," Chad Jones, a Willis ISD school board member, said.
A spokesperson for the district told ABC13 that teachers are now able to enter the building ahead of orientation on Monday and the start of classes on Wednesday.
For updates, follow Mo Haider on Facebook, X and Instagram.