Baby at center of dramatic surveillance video found safe

Monday, January 22, 2018
PASADENA, Texas (KTRK) -- Pasadena police say a woman will not be facing charges after she took her baby from his father's house.

This has been an ever-changing story throughout the afternoon, but the good news tonight is little Adrian is safe.
[Ads /]
The child, who is just under 2 years old, was found around 9:30 p.m. tonight, according to investigators.

Earlier this afternoon, a surveillance camera caught the moment his mother ran out of the house with the baby in her arms.

She pushed the child into a silver car and then took off. Investigators said the woman recorded in that video is his biological mother.

At first, she was named as a person of interest in Adrian's disappearance and charged with aggravated kidnapping, because police say several family members were injured while trying to stop her.

WATCH: Dramatic surveillance video shows mom taking child
Video shows 6-month-old baby's kidnapping in Pasadena


On ABC13's social media accounts, we received lots of questions about why no Amber Alert was issued, and we now know why.
[Ads /]
After speaking with the Harris County District Attorney's Office, police learned she had a right to take the baby all along.



The confusion stems from allegations of child neglect in 2016. In that case, a judge issued a no contact order against Adrian's mother.

But when the case was "no billed," meaning no formal charges were filed, that no contact order was voided.

Pasadena police said this is now a civil case, and the incident will have to be settled in a civil court between Adrian's parents and relatives.



At least for now, little Adrian is safe and sound, and that is likely to bring some relief to his family tonight.
Copyright © 2026 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.