"I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what we went through," Sharon Newton said.
During an Easter egg hunt, her Chihuahua, Max, ate a seed from the sago palm tree.
Three hours later, the dog was vomiting and was taken to the animal hospital.
"I was very scared that he wasn't going to make it," Newton said. "They had been testing his blood."
Thankfully, Max made it.
Veterinarians, like Dr. Dianie Wilkie, warn sago palms are more dangerous than you'd suspect.
Newton said she's not taking any chances.
RELATED: These 13 plants could hurt your pets