HOUSTON (KTRK) -- StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, revealed what a historic Super Bowl it was for the city of Houston.
Here are the Super Bowl 51 financial numbers:
1. The average ticket price for Super Bowl LI was $3,967. Last year the average ticket price was $4,512.
2. The number of tickets sold was up 4 percent over last year.
3. This was the highest selling single event (in total sales) in StubHub history. It was 20 percent higher than last year's Super Bowl.
4. The spike in sales was due in-part to the rise in mobile bookings, which made up nearly a third of ticket sales.
RELATED: Kansas man wins Super Bowl tickets for life
Where did fans travel from?
1. For Super Bowl 51, a ticket was purchased in all 50 states.
2. Local buyers made up 21 percent of the ticket holder with 14.5 percent from Georgia, 14.3 percent from Massachusetts, 7.5 percent from California and 5 percent from New York.
3. 24 countries were represented, including Mexico, Canada, Japan, South Africa and Australia.
RELATED: High rollers in private jets invade Houston for Super Bowl 51
There were many events going on around Houston Super Bowl week. Other events around town felt the love, too.
Top 5 events in town by sales:
1. 2017 Super Bowl 51 at NRG Stadium
2. Houston Rockets vs. Chicago Bulls at Toyota Center
3. Houston Rockets vs. Atlanta Hawks at Toyota Center
4. Super Bowl Opening Night at Minute Maid Park
5. Bruno Mars at Club Nomadic
PHOTOS: Lady Gaga slept inside this Houston estate
If you're viewing on our ABC13 news app, tap on the photo above to see more images.
Super Bowl 51 was the highest selling single event in StubHub history