La Porte massage parlor sex assault suspect in custody

EMBED </>More Videos

La Porte PD has arrested a sex assault suspect linked to two recent cases.

A man who police say is connected to two recent sexual assaults at the same La Porte massage parlor is now in custody.

Samuel Duran, 38, was taken into custody on Wednesday afternoon. He has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and is being held on $50,000 bond.

Police say Duran walked into a massage parlor near the corner of Spencer Highway and Underwood on March 6 and ordered the woman to a back room.

"As soon as the individual entered the business, he brandished a knife, displayed it to one of the female employees, and forced her to go into a back room where he was attempting to begin a sexual assault episode," says Sgt. John Krueger.

Sgt. Krueger said another customer's arrival stopped Duran in his tracks.

"At that point, the suspect raised the knife to the neck and throat area of the female victim and not only demanded that she maintain her silence, but give him the opportunity to leave," Krueger said earlier this week.

"Investigators at this time believe [Duran] is the same individual that was involved in a sexual assault offense at the same location back on January 23 of this year," he added.

Police said the victim recognized the man from that day.


Related Topics:
sexual assaultLa Porte
(Copyright ©2017 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments