Man suffers third degree burns after e-cigarette explodes in pocket

EMBED </>More Videos

A man in Canada suffered severe burns after an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket.

A man in Canada suffered severe burns after an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket.

The incident happened at the Embarcadero oyster bar in Calgary and was caught on surveillance video.

RELATED: E-cigarette explodes in man's pocket outside France nightclub

The man was carrying an e-cigarette and a spare battery in his pocket. He told reporters that the battery apparently shorted out when it rubbed against some loose change.

The explosion was so intense, it melted his polyester boxer shorts onto his skin and gave him third degree burns.

SEE ALSO: Magnolia man airlifted to hospital after electronic cigarette explodes in face

Related Topics:
e-cigarettesexplosioncanada
(Copyright ©2017 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments