Deputies: Carbon monoxide kills 3 in north Harris County

Three people are dead after high levels of carbon monoxide were reported Wednesday night in north Harris County.

It happened at a home in the 8500 block of Scotch Pine Place after a neighbor went to the house and spotted someone lying on the ground.

In all, three people were found dead inside different parts of the home. A fourth man was found still alive when first responders arrived at the scene. That person was rushed to a hospital in stable condition.

Officials with the Harris County Sheriff's Office says preliminary information suggests it may be carbon monoxide poisoning. They say CO levels were 7 times higher than normal. Firefighters used a chainsaw to ventilate the home so they can go in for investigation.

The Klein Fire Department and Harris County Fire Marshal's Office will handle the investigation.

Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.
Related Topics:
news gas leak carbon monoxide Tomball

Load Comments