HOUSTON (KTRK) --Investigators say a faulty heater likely sparked a 2-alarm condo fire overnight in southwest Houston.
Now, two people have lost their homes and pretty much everything they owned.
A neighbor tells Eyewitness News she scrambled not only to save herself, but her blind neighbor next door.
PHOTOS: 2-alarm fire breaks out at condos in SW Houston
If you're viewing on our ABC13 news app, tap on the photo above to see more images.
HFD was called to a complex at Jeanetta Street at Lipan Road around 1:15am.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and flames shooting into the sky.
Residents rushed to each other's doors, pounding on them to alert neighbors to the danger as the flames grew larger.
ORIGINAL REPORT: Firefighters battle 2-alarm apartment fire in SW Houston
A blind man was able to escape, but lost many of his belongings in the fire.
Four units were damaged by the blaze, but Eyewitness News is told two of those units were vacant at the time of the fire.
So far, it does not appear that anyone was injured as a result of the fire.
One neighbor told reporter Courtney Fischer that an empty unit caught fire over the weekend after a problem with the heat.
She wondered if that was the same unit that caught fire this morning, but was not sure.
We're following this story on Eyewitness News. Watch for updates on air, online and on our mobile news app.
Keep checking back on this page to get real-time updates as this story unfolds. To get alerts for breaking news, download the ABC13 news app for iPhone or Android. You can also get breaking news alerts sent to you by email.