HOUSTON (KTRK) --Hold on to your wallets -- the Houston Association of Realtors has released its annual list of highest-selling homes in the Houston area.
Not surprisingly, homes in River Oaks, The Woodlands and Memorial dominated the 2016 list, which is ranked from highest to lowest sale price:
- 527 Buckingham Dr., Houston, TX 77024
- 3688 Willowick Rd., Houston, TX 77019
- 88 Grand Regency Cir., The Woodlands, TX 77382
- 15 Grand Regency Cir., The Woodlands, TX 77382
- 3311 Del Monte, Houston, TX 77019
- 5442 Tupper Lake Dr., Houston, TX 77056
- 59 Tiel Way, Houston, TX 77019
- 3744 Willowick Rd., Houston, TX 77019
- 2 E. Rivercrest Dr., Houston, TX 77042
- 3725 Del Monte Dr., Houston, TX 77019
HAR says that 2016 came to a close with record performance, even though declining oil prices were a cause for concern for many in the area. After a tough 14 months, homes priced $500,000 and higher enjoyed particularly strong performance during the final two months of the year.
VIDEO: Closer look inside 2016's three priciest homes
According to the association, 1.8 percent of all homes sold in the Houston area last year were priced above $1 million.
"It took most of 2016 to restore vitality to the upper end of the Houston real estate market, but we got there, and I believe that is the direct result of a truly diversified local economy," HAR chair Cindy Hamann said in a news release. "Even as energy jobs went away, other industries continued to hire and that has drawn home buyers and renters to our market."
MORE LUXURY: Nation's most expensive home costs $250 million