8-year-old saves siblings from fire in NW Harris County

EMBED </>More Videos

Fire investigators say lightning may be to blame for a Saturday morning house fire.

Fire investigators say lightning may be to blame for a Saturday morning house fire.

It happened at a home in northwest Harris County.

There were five people inside of the home. An 8-year-old woke up her three siblings and niece and they all made it out safely.

18-year-old Darlin Mendoza said around 11:30 on Friday night he had his cell phone plugged into his phone charger and he was on his phone, then suddenly he felt his phone shock him. He said the lights got dim and the air conditioner started to act up. Two hours later, around 1:30 a.m. his sister woke him up saying the home was fire. Darlin quickly called 911. Everyone made it out safely, including two dogs.

Related Topics:
house firefire rescueHouston

Load Comments