- Create unique user names and passwords for each website you buy from. Data breaches are all too common, and having different passwords protects you. If hackers get your information from one site, they won't be able to use it on other sites.
- Monitor your bank account closely. Should extra charges appear, you can take care of it right away.
- If you get an email from a store, instead of clicking on the link, go to the store's website. That helps you avoid phishing scams.
- Clear your browsing history and use a different web browser.
- If you typically use Safari, try Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Some online retailers will charge you more based on your purchase history and the web browsers used.
- Mobile users should use the store's apps when shopping and sign up for notifications to get deals sent directly to you.
We're bringing you these tips for Cyber Monday, but really it's good advice any time you shop online.