HOUSTON (KTRK) --Say goodbye to boring chicken with this Chicken Asiago recipe from D'Amico Italian Market Café. This recipe will bring everyone into your kitchen with one question, "what smells so good?"
- 6 oz boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 2 oz asiago cheese, sliced thin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Coarse Grind salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onions
1. Trim chicken breast and thinly butterfly.
2. Place sliced cheese and spinach on top of flattened chicken breast.
3. Tightly roll chicken breast.
4. Dredge chicken in flour, then egg wash, then panko breadcrumbs.
5. Heat olive oil in sautee pan over medium high heat, and sear chicken on all sides until golden brown.
6. Finish in 375 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
7. To make sauce, melt butter in a sautee pan on medium heat. Add mushrooms and sautee until mushrooms soften. (do not let butter burn or start to get brown)
8. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, and heavy cream and cook until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add green onions.
9. Place cooked chicken on large dinner plate, top with sauce and serve with a side of your favorite pasta.
WATCH: This recipe from D'Amico's is better than delivery
WATCH: Triniti's Rock Cornish Hen recipe
WATCH: 5 ways to up your burger game