The holiday shopping season will soon be upon us, and even the most thoughtful gift-giver can't get it right all the time. In order to ensure your loved ones are able to return or exchange an item, here's a rundown of some of the stores with the best return policies.
1. Kohl's: Kohl's describes its return policy as "no questions asked" and "hassle free." No receipt? No problem. There are also no time restrictions on when you can return an item. You can read their full return policy here.
2. L.L. Bean: The company says its products are "guaranteed to last." According to their return policy page, they will take back items at any time for any reason.
3. Trader Joe's: You can return anything! The company is a food-lover's fantasy and believes the best way to figure out if you like something is to try it. However, if you don't like it - you can always bring it back for a full refund as long as you have the original packaging and receipt.
4. Bath & Body Works: Bring anything back at any time for a refund-with or without the receipt. If you have a receipt, you'll get a full refund. If not, you can get store credit based on the lowest selling price of the item.
5. Nordstrom: The store doesn't even have a return policy! According to its site, the store "handles returns on a case-by-case basis with the ultimate objective of satisfying the customer."
6. Costco: You can return products without a time limit, and receive a full refund, according to the store's website. However, electronics and diamonds must be returned within 90 days.
7. Zappo's: You have 365 days to return unused products in the original packaging.
8. Anthropologie: You do need a receipt, but other than furniture, anything can be returned at any time.
9. REI: If you're unhappy with your purchase, you've got a year to return it for a replacement or refund - but you need your receipt.
10. Macy's: You can return items at any time, with no time limit. Also, if you lose your receipt - you're eligible for store credit.
WATCH: Money-Saving secrets Kohl's shoppers need to know
10 stores with the best return policies