PEARLAND (KTRK) --Ronnie Killen has built a reputation for serving some of the best food our city has to offer and he's opening his kitchen again. Killen's Steakhouse pastry chef, Samantha Mendoza showed us why we should always leave room for dessert with these mini-chocolate cakes, known as chocolate financiers.
-4 1/2 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 lb, 9 oz sugar
- 12 oz almond flour
- 4 oz cocoa powder
- 15 egg whites
- 1 lb, 5oz brown butter
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup chopped almonds
1. Combine all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. Place your unsalted butter in a medium sauce pot on medium heat and let it simmer until brown.
3. Place the chocolate on top of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the brown butter and stir until all combined.
4. Add your egg whites; stir quickly to prevent scrambling the eggs.
5. Add Chopped Almonds
6. Once the mixture is all combined pour into desired molds and bake at 325*F for about 8 to 10 minutes.
WATCH: The golden ticket to all things chocolate
WATCH: Pineapple Rum Cake from Killen's Steakhouse
WATCH: Want a great bone-in rib eye? Chef Cervantez of Killen's says "it's all about the rub"
WATCH: Ronnie Killen's famous brisket
WATCH: Killen's top game day recipes
WATCH: Ronnie Killen's Baked Beans