WATCH NOW: Five to Fab: 5 Steps To Sexy Arms
One of the best ways to burn calories is through combination exercises, which are exercises that use multiple muscles at a time. Jack Owens from Dynamic Fitness gives us a few to try at home.
1. Alternating Plank Push Ups: Lower to the ground and get into a plank on your elbows. Then, lift the right side up so the hand is on the floor and bring out to a wide push up while bringing right foot out wide. Press up and return to a plank position. Then, lift the left side up, so the hand is on the floor and bring out to a wide push up with bringing the left foot out wide simultaneously. Repeat alternating arms into push ups.
2. Alternating Step Jumps: Place one foot on a small bench or step. Start with arms down beside you and squat. Once you're in this position, then drive the foot on the box upward while raising arms overhead as you jump. Shuffle to the other side then back across repeatedly 15x.
WATCH NOW: Five to Fab: 5 Steps to High Intensity Lower Body Burn-Out
3. Single Leg Step Jumps: Standing next to a step, place one foot on top of the step and one on the ground slightly behind the foot on the step. Lower legs into a split squat and jump up. If you are using stairs, land back down into a split squat and repeat. If you are using a stand-alone step, alternate side to side.
4. Single Leg Squat to Curl Combo: Grab two dumbbells. Then, balance on one foot in a squatting forward position. With proper form, curl the weights up and down while keeping the opposite foot is off the ground.
5. Traveling Weighted Jump Squats: Start in a squat position holding dumbbells by your side. Then, leap forward and land in the same squat position that you started in. Try to be light on your feet and absorb contact with the ground to prevent injury and maintain body control.
Do 15 reps of all of these exercises and try to complete three sets.