It's a constant fight for me like it is so many women. I'm talking about that stubborn lower body fat. I swear, I could do 1,000 squats a day, and I wouldn't have a toned bikini bottom, so I'm always looking for a lower body workout that really burns, and I found that workout from Courtney Wyckoff from MommaStrong.com. This workout is a crazy challenge worth trying. You'll sweat profusely. You'll feel your fat melting. You might even cry or at least whine occasionally, but you'll be done in minutes. It's fast, and it's effective. Enjoy!
For this workout, grab a timer (use your phone, if you don't have one), and set it for 50 seconds. You'll do each exercise for fifty seconds, break for ten seconds, and then move onto the next exercise. Do numbers 1, 2, and 3 on each leg.
1. Single Leg Jump Squat - Step out into a lunge or split squat position with your right leg forward. Make sure your knee doesn't go past your toes. Jump up and down on your right leg for 55 seconds. Repeat on left side.
2. Skaters - Stand with your legs together. Step out to the side with your right leg and squat on the right side, keeping your left leg straight, and with a jump, bring your legs back together. Repeat for 55 seconds and then do on the left side.
3. Donkey Kick - Get down on all fours. Lift right leg off ground, keeping the leg bent and the foot flexed. Lift and lower for 55 seconds and repeat on the other leg.
4. Diving Potty Squat - Bend forward, as if you were to dive off a diving board with your arms straight at your ears over your head. Then, squat with feet forward and legs shoulder-width apart. From this position, jump up and down for 55 seconds.
5. Froggies - Lie on your tummy with your head on your forearms. Bring your heels together with your knees out to the sides. Squeeze the heels together and lift the knees off the floor while lifting as much of the thighs as possible. This will burn the hamstrings and glutes. Do for 55 seconds.
FIVE TO FAB: 5 Steps to High Intensity Lower Body Burn-Out
FIVE TO FAB
More five to fab
HEALTH & FITNESS
More Health & Fitness