Patient recalls alleged sexual assault by nurse at Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital

EMBED </>More Videos

A Houston nurse is accused of sexually assaulting a patient at a local hospital, and now we're learning more about what happened from the alleged victim. (Humble Police Department )

The woman who told police she was sexually assaulted by a male nurse while a patient is speaking exclusively to Eyewitness News.

Brandon Faunce, 45, was arrested on his way to work last Friday on a felony charge of sexual assault. Humble police say the evidence they collected corroborates the victim's statement.

"I feel violated. I feel helpless and it's just a horrible, horrible thing," the 40-year-old mother said.

Eyewitness News is not identifying the victim because of the sexual nature of the crime.

Suffering from seizures in June 2015, she went to Memorial Hermann Northeast in Humble, and on the fourth day there, she says Faunce, a male nurse, came into her room when she was alone. She says he gave her a white pill and injected something into her IV. Within seconds, she says, it was like she was paralyzed.

"I was conscious of everything happening. I knew who was there, what was going on but I couldn't do anything about it," she explained. "He took advantage of somebody he made helpless."

Then, she says he forced her to have oral sex, cleaned up and left. When her boyfriend returned, they called Humble police. Just last week, when test results came back confirming unknown male DNA on the evidence -- bed sheets, neck pillow, nightgown, pillow case -- officers collected from her hospital room, she identified Faunce in a photo lineup. Police are waiting to see if his DNA matches.

Faunce was still wearing hospital scrubs at his first court appearance on Friday. Police arrested him on his way to work to Memorial Hermann Northeast, the same hospital where the reported assault happened more than eight months ago.

"To allow him to stay in his position taking care of other patients in the exact same situation as my client, that's just irresponsible," said Lance Walters, the victim's attorney.

Hospital officials did not respond to why he remained at work all that time but said "the safety and well-being of their patients are their top priorities."

The victim says the incident has affected every aspect of her life. It's hard for her to trust and to also feel confident she's the only victim.

"My biggest fear is that he did it again because he felt like he got away with it."

Faunce is out of jail after posting a $100,000 bond. His defense attorney, Alejandro Macias, declined to comment.

A spokesman with the Texas Board of Nursing tells Eyewitness News, Faunce's license is current. The board is aware of the allegations and "seriously reviewing the matter."

Full Memorial Hermann Northeast Statement:

This allegation is deeply concerning as the safety and well-being of our patients are our top priorities. The employee in question has been suspended from his work schedule pending further investigation and adjudication of this case. We will continue to monitor this situation and cooperate fully with police in their investigation of this matter.

Related Topics:
(Copyright ©2017 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments