SPRING, TX (KTRK) --A woman is facing charges after becoming stuck in a chimney at a home in Spring early Friday morning last week. She says she was just trying to get out of the cold.
Emergency workers were called to a home on Spring Stuebner Road and Cricket Drive after the woman, identified as Lauren Fox, 20, realized she couldn't get out of the chimney.
Spring Fire Department District Chief Kevin Wiseman says Fox called 911 after being stuck for two hours.
"I feel like Santa Claus," she said.
Fox initially tried to tell the dispatcher that she lived in the home, but didn't know the address. She described identifying landmarks in an effort to guide rescuers to the correct house. Additionally, she made conflicting statements about how she had just found the home, and was looking for the keys.
Identifying information has been blocked out of the 911 call audio.
"Once we arrived on the scene, it took about 45 minutes to remove the necessary bricks to extricate her," Wiseman says.
SkyEye HD was over the scene, where emergency workers had climbed up on the roof to assess the situation.
Fox suffered only minor bumps and scrapes. She was arrested by Harris County Sheriff's deputies after being freed from the chimney. She's been charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass.
"She was vocal with us, but didn't comment on how she got in there," Wiseman says.
Officers say the home is vacant, but the homeowners came to the scene. They tell abc13 they check on the house every few days.