HOUSTON (KTRK) --A six-year-old child has been taken to the hospital following a house fire in north Harris County.
The fire started at a home in the 3500 block of Rosemary Lane.
The child's uncle tells Eyewitness News his sister was burning trash outside when somehow the house caught fire and spread inside to a bedroom. The boy went inside to rescue his puppies -- about nine of them -- and he got burned.
The uncle says the boy was burned from his neck down to his waist and on his arms. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in an undisclosed condition and later flown to UTMB in Galveston.
All but one of the puppies died.
Keep checking back on this page to get real-time updates as this story unfolds. To get alerts for breaking news, download the ABC-13 news app for iPhone or Android. You can also get breaking news alerts sent to you by email.