HOUSTON (KTRK) --A single-story house caught fire early this morning in southeast Houston. No one was hurt -- including two dogs that were found safe after the blaze.
Firefighters say the fire that started around 6:30am at a house in the 9200 block of St. Lo Road at Ricky is now out and was likely due to an electrical issue. The fire is now deemed not suspicious.
Firefighters rescued one of the dogs that was tied up outside the home, while another small dog apparently ran out of the house and was found down the street with a neighbor.
Cornelius Briscoe, who rents the home and lives with the dogs which belong to the home's owner, said, "Stuff can be replaced, lives can't."