Owner: Heights house fire likely started by space heater

EMBED </>More News Videos

A Heights home went up in flames today after the owners says a space heater was likely left on. Marla Carter reports. (KTRK)

The owner of the house that went up in flames today in the Heights tells Eyewitness News that the fire may have started as a result of a space heater that was left on when they stepped away from the home.

Houston fire authorities say no one was hurt in the fast-moving blaze.

The house is a total loss.

Arson investigators are looking into the cause of the fire.

The owner, Lee Castillo, said he was in the process of renovating it and believes a worker left a space heater on. However, HFD has not confirmed the cause. There are two units inside the property that the owner rents out weekly. He told us no one was living there at the time.

Castillo tells us his convertible was also charred in the fire.

EMBED </>More News Videos

Aerial images of a fire in the Heights

Related Topics:
newsfirehouse fireHoustonHeights
(Copyright ©2016 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments