HOUSTON (KTRK) --We all want to look and feel our best. Well, each week, we're sharing five tips, five items, five products, five ingredients, five steps, five minutes to a more fabulous you, which is why we call it Five to Fab!!!
I'm crazy busy, just like you are, and so I love shortcuts to my beauty routine.
Rachel Gower at The Upper Hand Salon shares with me some of her favorite makeup hacks that will make you look flawless.
1. Perfect Your Pores: If you have large pores that are noticeable, even when you apply your makeup, here's a way to diminish the size of them. Apply your foundation, then take a soft but stiff makeup brush and use circular motions on any area where large pores are apparent. First, buff clockwise, and then buff counter clockwise. The appearance of the pores is greatly reduced.
2. Narrow Your Nose: Instead of using the old rule of starting your brows at the outside of each side of the nose, decide if you want your nose to look more narrow or wider and let that determine the start of your brow. Using a blending brush and a dark neutral shadow or matte bronzer, draw a line from the eye area down toward the nostril on each side of nose and blend.
3. Eliminate Under Eye Bags: Apply concealer two shades lighter in the shadowed crease only. For really dark circles, mix the concealer with a color corrector and apply. This is super quick and very effective.
4. Instant Eye Lift: Take a highlighter pencil, concealer, or shadow in a shimmer nude tone and apply the product under your brow bone and OVER your brown bone. Blend with your finger.
5. Cover Every Lash: For a perfect mascara application, grab a spoon! Put the spoon on the under eye, inverted side down, and use that as a base to coat every lash.