HOUSTON (KTRK) --We all want to look and feel our best. Well, each week, we're sharing five tips, five items, five products, five ingredients, five steps, five minutes to a more fabulous you, which is why we call it Five to Fab!!!
This week we're talking about Five Hair Hacks to a marvelous mane.
Let me tell you, having a good hair day is almost nonexistent for me, unless I'm at the salon, so I love little tips like these from The Upper Hand's Rachel Gower, and I hope you do, too.
1. Tame Fly-aways With a Toothbrush: If you're dealing with a lot of fly-aways, grab a toothbrush (that you don't plan on using for your teeth!), spray it with hairspray, and lightly brush over hair. Watch your fly-aways disappear.
2. Give Your Bobby Pins Grip: Spray Bobbi pins with hairspray or dry shampoo to make them grip better, and just a reminder, bobbi pins go through hair flat side up!
3. Organize Your Ties: Are you sick of losing your hair ties? I know I am! Grab a metal utility clip and keep your hair bands on them. For bobby pins, use a magnetic paper clip holder!
4. Get Rid of Roots: If your roots are starting to come, and you don't have time or money to get to the salon for a touch-up, touch-up your roots yourself. Grab a root conceal product and apply to the roots along your part and hairline and see the different color disappear. This works for gray roots, too. Rachel Gower recommends a root powder or spray by Style Edit.
5. Longer, Fuller Ponytail: If you want a longer, fuller ponytail, grab two hair bands, instead of one. Then, separate hair from ear to ear into two sections: a top section and a bottom section. Clip the top section out of the way, and create a ponytail with the bottom section. Then, unclip the top section of hair and create another ponytail directly on top of the other ponytail. This is my favorite hair hack that I've done on several occasions!