HOUSTON (KTRK) --We all want to look and feel our best. Well, each week, we're sharing five tips, five items, five products, five ingredients, five steps, five minutes to a more fabulous you, which is why we call it Five to Fab!!!
The season of wearing sleeveless is just months away, and that means it's time to get our arms in check now! Alison Lackey with Real Results Fitness shares her five exercises to sexy arms. The best part? A lot of these movements work the entire body, so we can burn more calories!
1. Lady Killers: Using 8-10 lb. dumbbells in hands by your side. Start in standing position with feet hip-width apart. Bend elbows and raise weights to shoulders as you sit back in squat position. Raise weights overhead as you stand up and straighten knees. Return to start position and repeat. Perform two sets of 15 repetitions, resting for 30 seconds in between each set.
2. Plank Push-Ups: Start in plank position with hands on the floor under shoulders. Bend your right elbow, pressing hand flat, push hand into floor. Then, bend your left elbow and place on floor. Extend right arm, and then extend left arm. Repeat this cycle for 15 repetitions and do two sets, resting for 30 seconds in between.
3. Fly Shoulder Press with Wall Sit: Sit in squat position with back against the wall, legs at 90 degrees, feet hip width, knees pushed back. Using two 5 lb. dumbbells in hand, raise arms so elbows are parallel with chest and in front of chest, forearms together. Then open arms to a flex position and straighten arms. Next, touch weights together at top reaching overhead. Repeat this fly and press in the wall sit position for fifteen reps and two sets. Rest for 30 seconds in-between sets.
4. Triceps Extension in Squat Position: Start with feet shoulder width apart and 3-5lb. dumbbells in each hand. Go down in squat position, lifting both elbows up, keeping head down looking at the floor. Staying low in squat position, keep elbows lifted extending arms into a tricep extension. Complete two sets of 15 reps, resting 30 seconds in between.
5. Lateral Raise to Upright Row: Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms down by your side with 5lb. weights in hands. Raise both arms up and out with elbows locked out to shoulder level. Lower arms back down and place hands in front of hips. As you push knees back and bend to squat position, raise both elbows up to a diagonal position keeping chin up with chest and shoulders lifted. Return back to starting position and repeat. Complete 2 sets of 15 repetitions, resting 30 second in between each set.