HOUSTON (KTRK) --We all want to look and feel our best. Well, each week, we're sharing five tips, five items, five products, five ingredients, five steps, five minutes to a more fabulous you, which is why we call it Five to Fab!
This week, we're talking energy boosters. With our daylight hours getting shorter, sometimes a nice little shot of energy helps us be more productive throughout the day, and the best way to do that is with natural foods.
We went over to Sustain Juicery to get our energy fix!
Here are Five Items to make you Feel Fabulous:
1. Acai: Acai is a super food from South America, commonly Brazil, and you can usually find it in the frozen form at your grocery store. It contains vitamins C, A, B, and K. Plus, it has fiber, protein, omega fatty acids, and fights cancer!
2. Goji Berries: All berries are good for us, but the goji berry is a super food from China that is packed with energy-boosting nutrients. They usually come in the dried form at the grocery store, and are packed with calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Bananas: It's so simple to pick up a banana at the grocery store! It's a good and filling carb that will increase our energy, give us the potassium and B6 our bodies need, and it also helps fight a hangover!
4. Leafy Greens: All leafy greens are good for us, but Kale and Dandelion will really take your energy to the next level! Kale has a significant amount of fiber, potassium, Vitamins A and C. Dandelion greens have the same energy-boosting nutrients but with an extra dose of iron. These greens also include antioxidants!
5. Coconut Water: It might seem like a trend, but coconut water really works, especially if it's fresh or organic. Check the ingredients to make sure the one you choose isn't filled with extra ingredients to keep it on the shelf! Coconut water is Vitamin C, Ribonflavin, and Calcium-rich. It also helps with weight loss!
Mix these ingredients into a smoothie, or for a thicker, more hardy meal, try mixing a few of these ingredients into an Acai Bowl.
Sustain Juicery recommends adding the following to a bowl: Acai, strawberry, mango, kale, spinach, coconut water, blend and then top with granola and berries.