Family believes Christmas lights caused house fire

EMBED </>More Videos

A Tennessee family says their Christmas lights led to their house catching on fire. (KTRK)

A Tennessee family says the Christmas lights on their front lawn are to blame for a fire outside their home.

A surveillance camera captured the flames erupting early Tuesday morning while Mary Morrison and Danielle Huckaby were asleep.

Huckaby says their smoke detectors went off, and a guest staying with the couple yelled, "Fire!"

That's when Huckaby rushed outside with a fire extinguisher to put out the flames before they spread to their house.

The couple believes the lights in use around the clock could be what sparked the fire.

Fire officials recommend unplugging your lights at night, checking for breaks in the wiring and replacing old bulbs.

Related Topics:
u.s. & worldchristmasholiday lightshouse fireTennessee