Caught on camera: Purse explosion jolts city meeting

A routine city council meeting in Nevada was interrupted when a purse exploded, burning its owner on the leg.

The ordeal was captured on a camera recording the the Boulder City council meeting last month.

The woman holding the purse was treated for a burn.

The city's fire chief says some sort of battery may have caused the explosion, but he was sure it didn't come from a cell phone.

Report a typo to the ABC13 staff



Related Topics:
caught on cameraexplosionNevada
(Copyright ©2017 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)