Fire in wood shop fills Thornton Middle School with smoke

April 16, 2014 10:56:23 AM PDT
A fire at a local middle school means a change in plans for the students today.

The fire started in the paint room of the wood shop at Thornton Middle School around lunch time, according to the the Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department. The fire produced a lot of smoke inside the school.

One adult suffered smoke inhalation and was checked out by EMS crews. Fans will be brought in to air out the school.

Students will be transported by bus to Cy Lakes High School.

Load Comments