Two people injured in northwest Harris County flash fire

March 27, 2014 5:54:39 PM PDT
Two people were injured Thursday afternoon during a northwest Harris County house fire.

The Northwest Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched around 3:45pm to a house in the 12500 block of Tracelynn Lane. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy fire and smoke billowing out of the back of a one-story home.

"The homeowner told investigators that he was igniting a propane cooker when there was a flash fire," said Lt. Dean Hensley of the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office.

Two male residents were burned. One was transported to a hospital and the other was treated at the scene. The condition of the man at the hospital was not immediately known.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

Load Comments