There are a few recipes that will keep you healthy on the inside and some tips to keep you looking your best.
"I love essential oils. I've been using them my entire life. I believe them to be the original medicine," says April Ree, also known as "Sweet Mama."
She's passionate about them because she believes in their power for everything from dark spots to detox. She's sharing their beauty-boosting benefits -- both inside and out.
"When looking for essential oils, you always want to find them in the dark amber glass. Also, sometimes it says therapeutic grade. That really doesn't mean a lot. You really want to find oil that's organic and raw and that it is ok to be consumed internally," April advises.
For Internal Beauty:
Raw Peppermint Brownie
Peppermint is amazing because it provides tons of energy, but it's also going to satisfy hunger.
- 1 1/2 cups organic pitted dates (pureed in a food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 7 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 5 tbsp raw hemp protein
- 6 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 of an organic vanilla bean (scraped out)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 7-13 drops pure organic food-grade peppermint oil
- Mix all ingredients together (hands work great).
- Then, dump mixture in a shallow dish and press with a spatula or back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes, then cut and serve!
Slim and Sassy Water
Slim and Sassy is an essential oil blend of cinnamon bark, peppermint, grapefruit, clove; everything that we know is good for us. This is going to speed up our metabolism, curb our appetite and give us extra energy throughout the day.
- Mint leaves
- Sliced lemon
- Filtered water
- Slim and Sassy pure organic food-grade essential oil blend
- Fill large container with water. Add sliced lemon and mint. Add 10-12 drops of Slim & Sassy oil blend. Mix well.
- Serve in a glass, not plastic. Drink 20 minutes before meals.
- If you're making a single serving, add one drop of oil and drink three times a day. By the fifth day, work up to five drops, three times a day.
For External Beauty:
- Apply frankincense essential oil to dark spots or sun spots.
- Use Immortelle blend essential oil (sandalwood, lavender, rose, helichrysum, frankincense, myrrh) for fine lines or wrinkles.
- Treat red spots, acne, mosquito bites with melaleuca (or tea tree oil).
More information about April "Sweet Mama" Ree, click here.
Special thanks to Deer Lake Lodge.
For full story, click here.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices