Kids hurt in Seattle science project explosion

Two cousins in Seattle are recovering after an explosion Sunday at this house (CNN) (CNN)

February 17, 2014 6:12:11 AM PST
A school science project sent two Seattle boys to the hospital after their experiment exploded.

The boys, who were cousins, had been working on a model rocket project in a home when something went wrong, CNN reports.

Seattle police believe they were trying to start a fire in a fireplace and used some of the rocket fuel to get it going when there was an explosion.

The blast was so powerful, it busted windows in the home and blew open the back door.

Both boys were taken to the hospital in serious condition with fragmentation wounds, but they are expected to be OK.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices

Load Comments