Firefighters say the blaze started around 10pm in either a fryer or the exhaust system at the building, located in the 6100 block of the Gulf Freeway at Telephone Road.
The business was closed at the time. The exterior of the building is still standing, but there's little left inside which appears salvageable.
The owner says he has been in business for 25 years and will rebuild. Longtime customers say they enjoy the food, but also the sense of community the shop offered.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices