Girl suffers burn injuries after iPhone catches fire in her pocket

A girl in Maine was injured after her iPhone caught fire while it was in her pocket.

February 1, 2014 7:46:05 AM PST
Authorities in Maine say a middle school student was injured after her iPhone caught fire in her pocket.

The Kennebunk girl says she heard a pop then smoke began rising out of her pocket.

Friends and school staff rushed to help her, but the girl remembered to "stop, drop and roll."

The girl suffered first- and second-degree burns on her legs, but the principal says they're minor and she is OK.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices

Load Comments