Kathy Sanders and Mikel Smith were taking their dog to the veterinarian this morning when they got a call from a neighbor that their house was on fire.
They returned home to find firefighters battling the flames.
"It's destroyed. The house is destroyed. It's bad; everything," Sanders said. "Thank God everybody's OK."
While Sanders, Smith and their dog were all OK, the fire did claim casualties.
"We lost two little puppies in there, and maybe my cat," Sanders said.
The homeowners said they planned to sleep in their barn Saturday night.
The Red Cross is offering assistance.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices