Firefighters: House fire in The Heights caused by faulty heating unit

December 15, 2013 8:22:22 AM PST
A heating unit is blamed for an overnight house fire in The Heights.

The heater caught fire around 11:30pm at a home on Thornton at Yale.

Residents were able to escape when the home filled with smoke.

Firefighters believe the heater had faulty wiring. One wall sustained major damage and utilities have been cut off, but the house is otherwise OK. No injuries were reported.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

Load Comments