Cops: NY pair was cooking meth, not chicken wings

December 5, 2013 10:16:55 AM PST
Authorities say two people were making meth when their central New York apartment caught fire, and not cooking a batch of chicken wings as they told police.

Police tell the Auburn Citizen that firefighters responded to an early morning fire in May at an Auburn apartment where a 42-year-old woman and a 44-year-old man suffered severe burns from what they claimed was a grease fire.

Firefighters were suspicious and asked police to investigate. Police later found two 2-liter bottles in a wooded area near the complex with evidence of methamphetamine.

The bottles were sent to a state lab where they tested positive for illegal substances. The two suspects were charged this week with manufacturing meth after being indicted by a Cayuga County grand jury.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

Load Comments