Fire sends shoppers out of Deerbrook Mall overnight

A fire at Casa Ole led to the evacuation of shoppers and employees at Deerbrook Mall at around midnight

November 29, 2013 4:34:02 AM PST
Deerbrook Mall had to be evacuated overnight because of a restaurant fire.

Firefighters were called to the Casa Ole restaurant inside the mall around midnight. They broke down the door and quickly put out the fire that started in a tortilla warmer.

Shop owners and shoppers were evacuated but allowed back in an hour later.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices