Boy burned after spraying air freshener near heater in Heights home

One person was taken to a nearby hospital after suffering burns.

November 28, 2013 1:19:06 PM PST
Firefighters worked quickly to put out a small house fire in the Houston Heights.

The family living at the 600 block of Heights Boulevard at West 7th Street called 911 after smelling smoke. HFD spokesperson Jay Evans says an 11-year-old boy was spraying air freshener in a closet near a heater and it caused a flash fire. The boy suffered burns on his face and was treated at the scene.

Damage was minimal, but part of the roof had to be cut away to get water hoses into the house.

It took crews about 12 minutes to put the fire out. Evans says the fire has been ruled an accident.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

Load Comments